Sunday, January 4, 2015

9'6" Longboard

Having not a single longboard in my woody quiver collection I figured it's about time I knock one up and make more use of some of the points around the traps :- Noosa, Burleigh, Currumbin etc.

I didn't take any pics in constructing this board but it basically follows the same process as any of my other compsand boards.

I drew inspiration from Donald Takayama's In The Pink in designing this board. It's probably a little more nose rider orientated with having a convex tail end and a down turned nose rail.

Size: 9'6" X 23 1/2" X 3"
Rails: 60/40


Shapers fin I bought many moons ago. 9.25" Axe!
 

Deck was an absolute labour of love them wiggles are never easy to glue up. 





GoPro nose mount - looking forward to getting some footage on this beast!

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charl,
    Gorgeous board! I'm making a HWS in San Francisco, CA and am curious about those sweet little stainless vent plugs with the fold-away hoop. I would very much appreciate knowing where you buy them. Thanks, Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike,
    Checkout: http://www.grainsurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5281
    But basically it's a D-RING Screw used for quick release camera tripods. You can just buy a brass wood insert for it to screw into.
    Cheers Charl

    ReplyDelete